Anchored to our purpose, vision and values, Enbridge’s strategic plan is our roadmap to the future. The plan identifies what we need to focus on to advance our business and ensure that Enbridge remains competitively positioned for the long term.
Our success in executing our strategic plan is enabled by the quality and capabilities of our people, the extent to which we embrace technology and encourage innovation, and our approach to sustainability. To
this end, we set ambitious ESG goals in 2020, which strengthen accountability and reinforce our commitments to reducing GHG emissions, building an inclusive workforce that reflects our communities, and increasing transparency of our ESG priorities and results.
EmissionsWe are committing to take action on climate change by reducing our GHG emissions and advancing the energy transition.
"CBSR is proud of our longstanding relationship with Enbridge—a company focused on corporate responsibility and improving its sustainability performance. In 2020, Enbridge underscored this commitment by linking its ambitious new ESG goals to incentive compensation across the organization. We would love to see more companies follow this leadership example."Leor RotchildExecutive DirectorCanadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR)
SafetyWe believe all injuries, incidents and occupational illnesses are preventable and will pursue continuous improvement toward our goal of zero incidents.
- 10% fewer employee and contractor injuries at work over previous three-year average
- Continuous improvement toward a goal of zero incidents
Inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibilityDiversity and inclusion drive innovation, better decisions and stronger employee engagement, and strengthen the communities where we live and work.
- Achieve representation on the Board of 40% women and 20% racial and ethnic groups by 2025
- By 2025, increase workforce representation to:
- 6% people with disabilities
- 7% veterans (U.S.)
- 28% racial and ethnic groups
- 40% women
- Increase procurement from diverse suppliers and suppliers that support and invest in diversity and inclusion
Indigenous inclusionWe are committed to Indigenous reconciliation.Our continued success relies on our ability to cultivate lasting relationships with Indigenous communities that have interests in lands on which our assets are located.
- 3.5% representation within our workforce of Indigenous peoples by 2025
- 100% of our workforce to complete Indigenous cultural awareness training by 2022
Responsible businessMaintaining high ESG standards is critical for meeting evolving expectations and ensuring our long-term sustainability.
- Sustain leading ESG reporting standards and evolve with best practices
- Advance effective cyber defense programs to protect information and services
Performance mattersWe know that setting sustainability goals is not enough—performance is what counts. That’s why we have linked performance on emissions reduction and diversity to incentive compensation, along with the safety metrics that are already included. Starting in 2021, all Enbridge employees will have line-of-sight to achievement of our ESG goals through objectives set out in their annual scorecards. Progress will be shared publicly through our annual sustainability report.
In February 2021, we launched a three-year, $1-billion sustainability-linked credit facility— the first of its kind in our sector—aligning our sustainability performance with funding costs. The facility includes terms that allow us to reduce borrowing costs if we achieve an interim threshold on our ESG goals.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/esg-goals-at-enbridge-992853613