Sign In  |  Register  |  About Burlingame  |  Contact Us

Burlingame, CA
September 01, 2020 10:18am
7-Day Forecast | Traffic
  • Search Hotels in Burlingame

  • ROOMS:

Marriage-Based Green Cards

Marriage-Based Green CardsPhoto from AdobeStock

Originally Posted On: Marriage-Based Green Cards | Immigration Services (


Celebrating the love of two people is an amazing feeling. However, sometimes some boundaries come between them. If you are trying to come to the United States to live with your spouse permanently, you need to acquire a marriage-based green card. A marriage-based green card allows the holder to stay in the United States, live here, and work here. With a marriage-based green card, the holder has the option to keep their permanent resident status until they decide if they want to seek citizenship. To determine if you are eligible for this option, please contact immigration attorney Susan Han at 410.599.3100 or email

How Do You Get a Marriage-Based Green Card?

The process to get a marriage-based green card can be complicated and it is important to know the laws and regulations. Immigration attorney Susan Han works with couples to help them through this process. She provides legal advice throughout the process, prepares the petition, and enters her appearance as Attorney to communicate with the government on behalf of her clients. Ms. Han provides her clients with the information and documents they will need to provide the strongest petition to USCIS on behalf of her clients.

Establishing Your Eligibility for a Marriage-Based Green Card

The U.S. government provides more than one way for you to determine your (or your spouse’s) eligibility for this type of green card. The difference between these two depends on one factor: where your spouse currently resides.

If the person applying for the green card lives in the United States, the process is referred to as an “adjustment of status.” In many cases, however, the individual physically resides outside of the U.S. in that case, the application must be processed through the U.S. embassy or consulate of their country of residence. This process is referred to as “consular processing.”

Whichever your situation, immigration lawyer Susan Han can assist you throughout the process by providing legal advice and up-to-date knowledge of the current immigration laws and requirements, as well as by representing you before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Ms. Han can not only help you determine your eligibility and file the necessary paperwork, including petitions. She can also communicate with USCIS on your behalf.

How Soon Can You Apply for Citizenship?

After you receive a marriage-based green card, you can seek your U.S. citizenship in three years. There are specific forms to use for naturalization if you are married to a U.S. citizen. To qualify for naturalization, you need to meet several specific requirements. Being able to meet those requirements shows that you are serious about being a United States citizen. If you are concerned about whether you can qualify for the citizenship qualifications, you can always reach out to Susan Han. An immigration attorney like Susan Han can walk you through the process, ensure that you meet all of the prerequisites, and provide peace of mind overall. In addition to helping you through the consular processing and adjustment of status processes, Ms. Han can also help you through a range of additional services, including:

Immigration lawyer Susan Han can go over any additional information that you will need to provide to the United States government.

Contact Immigration Attorney Susan Han Today

If you hope to come to the United States and marry the one you love, it’s time to seek a marriage-based green card. Your marriage-based green card will help you live and work in the United States freely so that you can enjoy your time with your spouse. Contact immigration attorney Susan Han today at 410.599.3100 or email to learn more about green card services and immigration services that can help you stay in the United States.

Data & News supplied by
Stock quotes supplied by Barchart
Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Copyright © 2010-2020 & California Media Partners, LLC. All rights reserved.