SOURCE: Trane TechnologiesDESCRIPTION:
SWORDS, Ireland, April 30, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Trane Technologies plc (NYSE:TT), released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, Bold Action for a Sustainable Future, which highlights the company’s major sustainability achievements and contributions towards its ambitious science-based emission-reduction targets. During its first year operating as a global climate innovator, the company significantly reduced carbon emissions from its customers’ carbon footprints, aided pandemic recovery efforts through its expertise in indoor environmental quality and cold chain solutions, and advanced industry-leading diversity & inclusion efforts.
“2020 was an extraordinary year during which we launched our new company, built resilience through a global pandemic, and met or exceeded our sustainability goals,” said Mike Lamach, chairman and CEO for Trane Technologies. “We have put a stake in the ground with aggressive 2030 commitments, including our Gigaton Challenge, which commits to eliminating one gigaton of carbon emissions from our customers’ footprints. We are also leading by example with our commitments to achieving carbon neutral operations, gender parity in leadership, and workforce diversity reflective of our communities. It’s by challenging the status quo and taking decisive action now that we will create a sustainable future where communities thrive, where equality is foundational, and where the environment is protected for future generations.”
Highlights from the Bold Action for a Sustainable Future report* include:
- Progress toward the Gigaton Challenge - Reduced 7.7 million metric tons of carbon emissions from customers’ carbon footprint, equivalent to the annual output of 1,662 wind turbines
- Progress toward achieving carbon neutrality – Reduced 54,681 metric tons of carbon emissions from the company’s operations; met 39% of energy demand with renewables
- Energy-efficient and low-emission product innovation - Launched more than 50 new sustainable solutions through strategic brands Trane and Thermo King, including technology in transport refrigeration, HVAC climate control and digital connected equipment for buildings
- Continued work toward gender parity – Board of Directors includes 5 women directors out of 13; company has 21.7 percent of women in leadership roles, more than twice the average for S&P 1500 companies
- Launching of the Center for Healthy and Efficient Spaces to bring together a team of experts to accelerate innovation and advocacy on indoor environments and air quality
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Employee and Customer Support
- Provided $1.4 million in grants to 1,083 employees experiencing hardship due to COVID-19 through the Trane Technologies Helping Hand employee relief fund
- Introduced a new suite of services, as part of our Trane Wellsphere™ holistic approach to building wellness, to support commercial building owners and operators including a comprehensive Indoor Air Quality Assessment, an Energy Checkup to ensure efficiency and Remote Services to enable remote system diagnosis, service and monitoring
- Leveraged cold storage and transport solutions to meet the needs of pharmaceutical and transport companies engaged in vaccine distribution, including a Super Freezer that can maintain temperatures as low as -70 degrees Celsius
To read Bold Action for a Sustainable Future, or to learn more about how Trane Technologies is delivering upon its 2030 Sustainability Commitments, please visit: https://www.tranetechnologies.com/esg.
*All data from 2020.
# # #
About Trane Technologies
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane and Thermo King, and our environmentally responsible portfolio of products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes, and transportation. Learn more at tranetechologies.com
Tweet me: “2020 was an extraordinary year during which we launched our new company, built resilience through a global pandemic, and met or exceeded our #sustainability goals,” said Mike Lamach, chairman/CEO @Trane_Tech releasing their 2020 #ESG report read more: https://bit.ly/3gPSabw
KEYWORDS: ESG Report, NYSE:TT, Trane Technologies