PITTSBURGH, Jan. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Federated Premier Municipal Income Fund (NYSE: FMN) today announced earnings for the fiscal year ended Nov. 30, 2019. The fund seeks to provide investors with income that is exempt from federal income tax, including alternative minimum tax (AMT), by investing in municipal securities from different sectors, states and issuers across the country.
For the fiscal year ended Nov. 30, 2019, FMN had net investment income of $8.04 million or $0.70 per common share1. From this amount, FMN paid dividends on auction market preferred shares (AMPS) of $0.74 million, resulting in net investment income after the AMPS dividends of $7.30 million or $0.63 per common share. Net realized and unrealized gains were $11.52 million or $1.00 per common share. At Nov. 30, 2019, FMN had an undistributed net investment income reserve of $0.006 per common share, up from $0.004 per common share at Nov. 30, 2018. At Nov. 30, 2019, total portfolio assets of FMN were $291.3 million and the net asset value per common share outstanding on that date was $15.35.
FMN has paid a monthly tax-free dividend since the first dividend declaration in February 2003.
Fund composition and performance data for the fund as of Dec. 31, 2019 are available in the Products section of FederatedInvestors.com. Data is updated on the website approximately 15 days following each month-end and full portfolio listings are updated approximately 30 days following each calendar quarter-end. To order hard copies or to be placed on a mailing list, call 800-245-0242 x5587538, email CEinfo@federatedinv.com or write to Federated Investors, 1001 Liberty Avenue, Floor 23, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) is a leading global investment manager with $527.2 billion in assets under management as of Sept. 30, 2019. Our investment solutions span 131 equity, fixed-income, alternative/private markets, multi-asset and liquidity management strategies and a range of separately managed account strategies. Providing comprehensive investment management to more than 11,000 institutions and intermediaries, our clients include corporations, government entities, insurance companies, foundations and endowments, banks and broker/dealers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Federated's nearly 1,900 employees include those in New York, Boston, London and several other offices worldwide. In 2018, Federated acquired a majority interest in Hermes Investment Management, which provides world-class active management and stewardship services. For more information, visit FederatedInvestors.com.
1) Except where noted, per share numbers are based on the average number of common shares outstanding during the fiscal year.
FEDERATED PREMIER MUNICIPAL INCOME FUND (FMN)
Year Ended Nov. 30,
Net Asset Value, Beginning of Period
Income From Investment Operations:
Net investment income
Net realized and unrealized gain (loss) on investments
Distributions to auction market preferred
Less Distributions to
From net investment income
Increase from Auction Market Preferred
Share Tender and Repurchase
Net Asset Value, End of Period
Market Price, End of Period
Total Return at Net Asset Value 4
Total Return at Market Price 5
1) Per share numbers have been calculated using the average shares method.
2) The amounts shown are based on Common Share equivalents.
3) Represents less than $0.01.
4) Total Return at Net Asset Value is the combination of changes in the Common Share net asset value, reinvested dividend income and reinvested capital gains distributions at net asset value, if any, and does not reflect the sales charge, if applicable.
5) Total Return at Market Price is the combination of changes in the market price per share and the effect of reinvested dividend income and reinvested capital gains distributions, if any, at the average price paid per share at the time of the reinvestment.
SOURCE Federated Investors, Inc.