HIPAA Secure, Live Video Streaming Now Available for all Symplast Users via the Symplast App
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Sept. 10, 2019 - PRLog -- Symplast, the #1 mobile EHR/PM for plastic surgery and med spas, announced today the release of a new live-video telemedicine feature: Video Visit. Symplast's 3,500+ clinical users across the country can now conduct virtual consultations and other types of virtual appointments in a HIPAA secure, encrypted manner with their patients. This latest enhancement to the Symplast mobile ecosystem is included at no additional cost to every Symplast customer, delivering the convenience of virtual care to a patient's iOS or Android mobile device.
VIDEO VISIT FUNCTIONALITY
- Ability to conduct live, HIPAA secure video appointments between the Symplast Practice App and the Symplast Patient App.
- Fully integrated and ready to use for all Symplast users - no additional fees or charges.
- Capture screenshots during the consultation that are automatically added into the patient's file.
- Automated appointment reminder SMS text prompts patient to download Patient App for a Video Visit.
- Updated artificially intelligent Practice Flow room manager that includes Video Visit waiting area and room.
THE DREAM OF VIDEO TELEHEALTH IS NOW A REALITY FOR AESTHETICS
Symplast Founder Dr. Shashi Kusuma spoke to the importance telehealth has played since Symplast's origins: "Symplast was founded on the principles of patient engagement, mobility and cutting-edge multimedia. Telemedicine and telehealth have been at the core of Symplast's mission and vision from day one.
We're very excited to introduce such a powerful feature into the plastic surgery workflow. There is a definite need for live video conferencing. Unfortunately, most practices are forced to resort to using Skype or Facetime to offer virtual care. This, obviously, is far from ideal due to HIPAA violations. By having a seamless, integrated telehealth offering interwoven into the clinical workflows throughout our Symplast platform, our users can more easily incorporate this advantageous offering into their business model right away."
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION INTO CLINICAL WORKFLOWS
Symplast CEO/CTO Facundo Formica: "From a product development standpoint, our team understood that there were two critical capabilities our telehealth offering must include:
- Actual streaming of live video, in order to replace the non-HIPAA secure alternatives of Facetime and Skype that so many practices resort to.
- End-to-end integration of the Video Visit within the overall Symplast workflows.
For more information on the brand new Video Visit virtual care feature by Symplast, please visit https://symplast.com/video-visit or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844)-SYMPLAST.
Founded by plastic surgeons in 2013, Symplast is the #1 Mobile EHR/PM for plastic surgery. Symplast delivers a HIPAA secure cloud platform to over 3,500 aesthetic users across the country. Symplast's user-friendly, end-to-end solution optimizes aesthetic practices and medspas from anywhere in the world.
From front desk automation to clinical intelligence, Symplast eliminates inefficiencies with a comprehensive ecosystem that includes: EHR, PM, Virtual Consultations, Patient Engagement, e-Prescription, Financial Intelligence, POS, Analytics, Automated Appointment Reminders, HIPAA Secure Texting, and more. Symplast is also the first ANN Optimized Platform. Visit symplast.com or email email@example.com to learn more.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Symplast Pioneers Live Telehealth in Plastic Surgery with New 'Video Visit' Virtual Consultations | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog