LuxNetwork has selected Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) 6500 Packet-Optical Platform with integrated WaveLogic Encryption for its new 100G network. This deployment will help LuxNetwork increase its network capacity to support the growing bandwidth and security demands of the country’s important financial sector, large enterprises and international wholesale customers.
- LuxNetwork S.A. provides high-speed, secure fibre optic WAN connectivity to connect businesses to data centers and provide data center interconnect, as well as a suite of managed services for enterprise customers and international telecom operators.
- Operating a network with 10 times the capacity it had previously, LuxNetwork will offer higher-capacity services, including 10Gbps and 100Gbps Ethernet, 8Gb and 16Gb Fiber Channel as well as encryption for protection of in-flight data. Additionally, enterprise and carrier customers can leverage the benefits of dedicated, secure, high-bandwidth and scalable connectivity without having to own the infrastructure.
- This network upgrade also helps LuxNetwork consolidate and modernize its infrastructure and deliver operational efficiencies following the acquisition and integration of Telecom Luxembourg.
“Ciena’s 6500 platform and encryption solutions are essential to our
network expansion and service delivery strategy because they allow us
to offer new, reliable security solutions to key markets such as the
financial sector that rely on encrypted data transport to protect
trades and comply with industry regulations.”
- Valentin Grempka, Optical Network Manager, LuxNetwork S.A.
“With Ciena’s converged packet optical and encryption solutions,
LuxNetwork can meet the growing and fluid connectivity needs of the
local economy and financial sector, while also providing secure
international connectivity to enable new competitive advantages for
- Virginie Hollebecque, Vice President, EMEA, Ciena
LuxNetwork S.A., subsidiary in the NomoTech Group, is a private Luxembourgish operator. The company proposes a large range of services including access to datacentres, high-speed connectivity networks operating on a fibre-optic infrastructure, as well as numerous other managed services oriented towards professional customers and international telecom operators.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.