SOURCE: CorporateRegister.com LtdDESCRIPTION:
April 9, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Royal Dutch Shell plc has released its Sustainability Report for 2013 at: www.shell.com/sustainabilityreport
The report details Shell’s progress during 2013 to deliver energy in a responsible way to meet the world’s growing demand, as the global population increases and living standards rise.
The Sustainability Report covers Shell’s environmental and social performance for the year and outlines the company’s sustainability approach globally. This includes having processes and tools in place to manage safety, the environment and community involvement. It details how sustainability continues to be at the core of Shell’s business decisions.
The activities reviewed in the Sustainability Report include:
- how Shell runs its operations to avoid harm to people and the environment
- its work to share benefits where Shell operates by creating jobs, sourcing from local suppliers and supporting community development projects
- the continuation of its work to produce cleaner-burning natural gas
- details of the Quest carbon capture and storage project
- the production of low-carbon biofuel and advanced biofuels through the Raízen joint venture
- a focus on technology and innovation including how the company makes its operations more energy efficient.
The Sustainability Report has an introduction from Shell’s new Chief Executive Officer, Ben van Beurden. For the ninth consecutive year, an External Review Committee of sustainability experts has reviewed and assessed the report. This assessment can also be read in the report.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has confirmed an A+ application level of its G3.1 Reporting Guidelines.
Hard copies of the Shell Sustainability Report 2013 can be ordered from: