- Generative AI automation reduces placement time from days to minutes
- Cadence OnCloud integration enables data management and collaboration, augmented with an easy-to-use new layout canvas, increases designer productivity
- Integration with supply chain data and natively accessible analyses and simulations accelerate time to market
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNS) today announced the new Cadence® OrCAD® X Platform, a cloud-enabled system design solution that offers transformative improvements in ease of use, performance, automation and collaboration. The new OrCAD X Platform streamlines the system design process and empowers designers through cloud scalability and AI-powered placement automation technology, enabling up to 5X reduction in design turnaround time.
With significantly higher productivity enabled by cloud-connected capabilities—including data management, collaborative layout design and a new easy-to-use layout environment optimized for small and medium businesses—this next-generation platform includes everything in the OrCAD platform and more. Supercharged with powerful layout productivity improvements based on the Cadence Allegro® X Platform, it provides complete backward data compatibility with OrCAD and Allegro technologies.
The new OrCAD X platform provides the following benefits:
- Cloud-enabled: Improves productivity with real-time access to data management via the Cadence OnCloud Platform. Data storage and management through a cloud login enables a hybrid work environment across the desktop and the cloud, reducing infrastructure costs for the user.
- Ease of use: Optimized for small and medium businesses, the OrCAD X platform offers a new, easy-to-learn and easy-to-use PCB layout canvas while retaining the power of industry-proven engines. New cloud-based licensing options are available as well as many user-experience enhancements from installation through design. The dynamic creation of manufacturing documentation provides a real-time view of fabrication details throughout the entire design process.
- Faster turnaround time: Significantly enriched electrical constraints, performance improvements and integration with the broader Cadence system design and analysis portfolio enable faster time to market.
- Collaboration: Cloud-hosted collaboration allows multiple designers to work concurrently on the same layout design.
The OrCAD X platform can access automated placement through the Allegro X AI system, which enables transformative placement time reduction from days to minutes. Users can achieve these placement time reductions while simultaneously addressing signal integrity, power integrity and thermal design effects during placement, routing of critical signals and the generation of power planes.
“Cadence is committed to delivering optimal system design solutions that incorporate the power of generative AI and the cloud to enable the fastest turnaround times,” said Michael Jackson, corporate vice president of R&D in the Custom IC & PCB Group at Cadence. “The new OrCAD X platform will have a transformative impact, offering customers greater productivity through ease of use, cloud-enabled data management, AI-powered automation, improved engine performance and integration with Cadence’s system design and analysis product portfolio.”
The AI-based OrCAD X platform supports Cadence’s Intelligent System Design™ strategy, which enables customers to accelerate system innovation. Customers can learn more about the OrCAD X platform at the PCB West 2023 conference and exhibition, September 19-22 in Santa Clara, Calif. or by visiting https://www5.cadence.com/orcad-x.html.
“The OrCAD X platform’s robust schematic capture and PCB layout tools have made a notable difference in our designs. The software's reliability and the ability to handle large and complex projects without slowdowns have been impressive. Overall, we are extremely satisfied with the software and the value it brings to our company. We believe this cost-effective solution will help companies like ours compete on an even keel.”
- Dr. Mahesh Rao, CEO, Aashaya Design Solutions
“After being a longtime user of a competitor’s product, I didn’t hesitate to try the Cadence’s OrCAD X Platform. The new OrCAD X PCB layout has a remarkably intuitive user interface, which allows me to accelerate design closure. Ease of use, performance, advanced functionality, product stability, and efficiency sums up my experience and fueled my switch to the OrCAD X platform. A demonstration of this software is well worth the time.”
- Mario Strano, president, ECAD Central
“For the past several months, Monsoon Solutions, a leader in cutting-edge PCB design, has collaborated with Cadence on the OrCAD X platform. It presents an exciting new PCB design environment that’s refreshingly intuitive while delivering all the capabilities needed to rapidly deliver next-generation hardware. Designers are empowered to collaborate and create in the cloud instead of being confined to the desktop. Our clients look for us to lead the way with innovative layout and design solutions, and we look forward to expanding the role that the OrCAD X platform will play in our company.”
- Jennifer Kolar, vice president of Engineering, Monsoon Solutions, Inc.
“The Cadence OrCAD X platform can save my team and me a lot of time on each project. The intuitive UX with the new LiveDoc and Single File output is a game-changer.”
- Leo Garza, design manager, Rocket EMS, Inc.
“At Schneider Electric, turnaround time and the quality of the end product are absolutely critical for business success. With the Allegro X AI technology from Cadence, we see a great potential to significantly shorten our development cycle. The hardware designer can make assessments on density and complexity—and adjust the electrical design to ensure a rapid and efficient completion of the design, as well as improved productivity.”
- Jean-Christophe Dejean, vice president, PLM Processes & Governance, Schneider Electric
Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic systems design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality. Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to complete systems for the most dynamic market applications, including hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, mobile, aerospace, consumer, industrial and healthcare. For nine years in a row, Fortune magazine has named Cadence one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more at cadence.com.
© 2023 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo and the other Cadence marks found at www.cadence.com/go/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.